Hello, thank you for stopping by! I am so happy to hear you are interested in getting those precious first few days of your little one photographed professionally! It is something that you will definatley not regret!
Newborn sessions can take up to 2 to 3 hours depending on the temperament of the baby and how many feedings the baby will need. Below is a list of things I like to tell parents before the session to better prepare the baby for the session.
- Try to keep the baby awake for two or more hours before the session. This can be hard to do buta tip that may help is to give baby a nice long bath.
- Feeding them right when you arrive at the studio is best so the baby has a nice full belly.
- If baby is not breast fed bring plenty of formula for the baby. I have a nice rocking chair that can be used for breast fed babies and it can be moved to a more private area if you feel more comfortable.
- A paci for the baby is very helpful to soothe them in between sets, even if baby does not normally use a paci. I know some do not like their baby to use a paci so do not feel pressured to bring one if you don’t want to, it is only a suggestion.
- Parents bring extra shirts just in case baby has an accident on your clothes. Most of the time during parent shots baby will be naked.
- I will have most of the blankets, wraps, hats, and outfits for the baby’s session but feel free to bring anything special that you would like the baby to have a picture with.
- neutral colored shirts are best to wear for parent shots, i.e.. black, white, grey.
- On rare occasions I can have a baby that will not be too happy during the session and if I do not get enough shots I will ask the parents to bring them back again in a couple days and try again. If that still does not work I will gift a free session for another milestone of your choice, i.e.. 6 months or 1 year.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will get back with you as soon as possible!
Click Here for more information or to schedule a session! I look forward to hearing from you soon!